Huge Congrats to Bradley Wiggins!!!
Bradley Wiggins became the first British rider to win the Tour de France as teammate Mark Cavendish claimed a fourth consecutive final-stage victory.
Wiggins, 32, finished in the chasing peloton in Sunday’s final stage around the streets of Paris with a winning margin of three minutes and 21 seconds.
Fellow Brit and Team Sky team-mate Chris Froome consolidated second place with Italy’s Vincenzo Nibali third.
Wiggins’ key Tour moments
- Stage 7: Finishes third to take yellow jersey for the first time
- Stage 9: Wins time trial from Arc-et-Senans to Besancon
- Stage 13: Ensures he will become first Briton to wear yellow jersey for a seventh time
- Stage 14: Praised for slowing the pace after rival Cadel Evans falls victim to tacks
- Stage 17: Extends lead over his main rivals during final day in mountains
- Stage 19: Wins time-trial on penultimate day to all but secure victory
Cavendish won the traditional sprint down the Champs Elysees with some ease.
The 27-year old from the Isle of Man is unbeaten in Paris, having also won on his three previous Tour finishes in 2009, 10 and 11.
Well Done the whole of Team Sky!! What a way to start the Olympics!!